DRUMUL TABEREI PARK / CRÂNGAȘI PARK, Mai 9th 2012
Orchestra Simfonică București
Dirijor Benoît Fromanger (Franța)
The european culture represents a unique and spectaculous medium of creation, shared by our society, that determines deep feelings that empowers the respect and tolerance between people.
Celebrated on May 9th, the Europe Day is a special day having the purpose of a high class cultural event that seeks to attract a large number of European citizens of Bucharest.
In 1972, the Council of Europe chosen as European Union hymn, the „Ode to Joy” theme from Beethoven’s 9th Symphony. Without any doubt, the hymn express freedom, pace and solidarity ideals, that Europe represents. On May 9th, the member states of the European Union are celebrating the Europe Day, including Romania, a country based on european social cultral values and objectives.
Bucharest Symphony Orchestra and its artistic director and principal conductor Benoît Fromanger (France) invites you to the concert “Walking in Europe”. The concert will be performed on May 9th 2012 in the Drumul Taberei Park (broadcasted in the Crangasi Park), starting with 6pm. The concert is part of Salut CULTURA! project series, implemented by Philson Young Association.
This concert is offered by Sector 6 City Hall, European Cultural Center Sector 6 and Philson Young Association.
- W.A.Mozart – Ouverture to Figaro’s Wedding
- Antonin Dvorak – Slavonic Dance nr. 8
- Jean Sibelius – Valse Triste
- Edward Elgar – March no. 4 Pomp & Circumstance
- Jaques Offenbach – Cancan from “Orpheus in Inferno”
- George Bizet – The Toreadors
- Giacomo Puccini – Nesun Dorma
- Eduardo di Capua – O Sole Mio
- George Grigoriu – Music from Danube Waves
- Iosif Ivanovici – Danube Waves
- Grigoras Dinicu – Hora Staccato
- J. Brahms – Hungarian Dance no. 5
- J. Strauss – Spring Voices